We are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated Commercial Underwriter to join our friendly and successful team in our Enniskillen office.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of assessing commercial risks (Property and Liability). In addition the role will include providing a high level of customer service to our brokers and developing key broker relationships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Working as part of an experienced team, you will be involved in all aspects of underwriting from managing relationships to writing business, including:
- Assessing and underwriting commercial risks submitted from brokers.
- Discussing and underwriting risks with capacity providers to ensure correct rates and premium are applied.
- Detailed knowledge of policy wordings.
- Providing New Business and Renewal quotations to brokers.
- Building and developing trading relationships with brokers to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Manage daily workloads to ensure excellent customer service.
- Sharing knowledge and interacting effectively with colleagues.
Knowledge and Experience
- Professional Insurance Qualification (Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP) as a minimum).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with proven underwriting knowledge and experience of underwriting commercial risks.
- Proven ability in developing key working relationships.
- Good negotiation and decision making skills.
- Experience of working in a team environment.
Please send your CV to emmajonesthomondie by cob Friday 31st January 2020.